If you are having an issue with the product crashing or hanging, it may be helpful to our support team if you can provide Sometimes our support debugging information by turning on tracing to a log file as follows:
1. Login as Administrator.
2. Make a copy of the file C:\Program Files\Liquid Technologies\Liquid Studio 2020\XmlStudio18.exe.config.
Note: the path is the folder into which you installed Liquid Studio 2020.
3. Run Liquid Studio 2020.
4. Click File->Open, change the filter to 'All Files (*.*)' and select file C:\Program Files\Liquid Technologies\Liquid Studio 2020\XmlStudio18.exe.config.
5. A dialog should appear asking which editor to use. Select 'XML Document' (the associates the file extension .config with the XML Editor).
6. Scroll down until you see the comment:
<!-- Uncomment to get additional diagnostic output -->
7. Highlight the <system.diagnostics> block (currently lines 66 to 73) and click menu option Edit->Advanced->Uncomment (Ctrl+K, Ctrl+U).
8. Ensure the Path specified in the config file exists on your PC (e.g. C:\Temp\).
9. Save the file.
Note: If you do not have rights to do this you will need to save to a new location and then copy the file manually in Windows Explorer.
10. Restart Liquid XML Studio.
11. You should see a file is created in the specified folder (e.g. C:\Temp\TraceOutput.log)
12. Perform the task which is causing an issue, then close the application.
13. Revert the changes you made to XmlStudio18.exe.config (or delete it and and rename the backup copy you made in step 2).
Note: We advise turning Trace off as it may impact on product performance.
14 Send the TraceOutput.log to Liquid Support.