When building Liquid XML Objects generated code in Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and above, you may see warnings such as:
error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'LiquidTechnologies' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
This typically means that Visual Studio has failed to automatically updated the LiquidTechnologies.XmlObjects.Runtime for the project.
To fix this:
1. Check your .Net project has a reference to 'LiquidTechnologies.XmlObjects.Runtime'.
(From the Visual Studio menu: Tools->NuGet Package Manager->Manage NuGet Packages for Solution...)
If no reference can be seen in the 'Installed' page, the click on the 'Browse' page and search for 'LiquidTechnologies.XmlObjects.Runtime'.
Note: The version of 'LiquidTechnologies.XmlObjects.Runtime' selected MUST be the same version as the code generator used to generate the source code.
2. Rebuild the Solution and the references should be resolved as expected.
Manual Package Update
If this does not fix the issue then you will need to force Visual Studio to update the packages manually:
1. In Visual Studio open the 'Package Manager Console' window.
(From the Visual Studio menu: Tools->NuGet Package Manager->Package Manager Console)
2. In the 'Package Manager Console Window', run the command:
3. Rebuild the Solution and the references should be resolved as expected.